Sunday, April 15, 2018

2018 goals and plans

So over the past few months i have been backdating entries as my time allows - i usually do it in marathon sessions which involves some research that i do not have up front, which occupies about half the time spent. Given that this blog was started in 2017, as my season was crawling to its close, I didn't do anything like this before. So bear with me if it seems scatterbrained. My goals for hiking this year are as follows: 15 peaks from 52 WAV list, 12 peaks from NH48, and 3 or 4 from the NE67 that reside outside of NH. Here's an early projection of what my approximate plan is:

52 WAV hikes:
- Mt Crawford, Mt Resolution, Stairs Mountain 11.2 mi
- Magalloway Mountain
- Mt Hayes
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Nash Stream Forest) 4.2 mi
- Mt Shelburne Moriah
- Mt Success
- Three Sisters
- Shaw
- North and South Baldface
- Eastman
- North Doublehead
- Smarts
- West Royce


NH48 Hikes:
- West Bond, Mt Bond, Bondcliff, Zealand 19ish mi
- North and South Twin 11ish mi.
- Wildcat D, Wildcat A
- Madison and Adams 10.1 mi
- North and South Kinsman

Non-NH28 peaks from NE67:
- Katahdin (ME14) looking to do this around Septemberish
- Killington (VT5)
- Mt. Abraham (VT5)
- Mt. Ellen (VT5)

To date, i have 30/48, 30/67 and 20/52.


I hope to continue hiking with BTLG, Bishop X and some old and new work friends this year, but will never back down from doing any of these as a solo venture.

I'll probably make some edits to this with mileages and intended trails for my own tracking purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment